Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning


This early Christmas morning is snowy and blustery. The radio alternates carols with weather advisories and travel warnings. The mid-section of the country is blanketed with bad weather from tornadoes and rain in the south to rain and sleet further north and snow and wind in the chillier temps.



I read the morning newspaper on line as the delivery person didn't make the rounds today. And no wonder when I looked at my outside world. My sister has canceled her family get together; my mom is safe at her assisted living. My son and his family are celebrating across town and will be        with us tomorrow, we hope. My daughter called from across the state for some words of advice on cooking her turkey.

From my windows I see falling snow swirled by the wind. Stan pushed snow from the front step to allow the door to open, but I expect it will soon fill in.

The lamp post light signifies the Light of the world has arrived. The bells proclaim

Peace on Earth, 
Goodwill to Men.

No comments: